As a leading specialty fine jewelry chain, Ultra Stores (d/b/a Ultra Diamonds) is well positioned in today’s retail market with over 140 stores nationally, primarily in key retail outlet shopping centers. Ultra is the leader in outlet retail off-price jewelry stores, but Ultra also operates stores in such diverse locations as casino’s and airports as well as locations that are “stores within stores” at Burlington Coat Factory. Beyond retail, ULTRA is a direct importer of diamonds, gemstones, gold jewelry, and watches.
Since 1991, Ultra has been the leader in off priced fine jewelry, making luxury affordable for all budgets and styles. Ultra's buyers travel the globe to direct source fine jewelry at the lowest possible prices and then pass those savings on to their customers.
Ultra Stores is lead by an experienced retail management team led by Daniel H.Marks, its founder, President, and CEO. He is a third generation jeweler with over 30 years of merchandising and jewelry experience leading a senior management team that brings decades of their own experiences to Ultra.
Join Ultra Stores today as they continue to expand and grow.
What makes you passionate about retail store management and sales? Do you want to be in on every sale at the store because of the thrill? On your drive to work do you think about retail marketing and displays? Returning home as the Store Manager you think about the right words to coach and motivate a particular sales associate that will take them over the top in sales. When you have a great customer service or sales experience you try to recruit them to join your team. This is Ultra. Our Store Managers have this passion. Apply now to join us and bring your passion and desire for excellence as an Ultra Diamonds Store Manager.
Ultra retail Store Managers use their entrepreneurial abilities to lead their teams and turn each customer into repeat business. As part of the team you aren’t just a number calling into corporate to get a question answered, you are a critical team leader, known to the CEO. We want to know what’s going on at your store. With the support and guidance of successful corporate leadership
• you talk directly with the buyers and planners to optimize your product mix
• you recruit and select your retail team
• you have profit and loss responsibility and authority to make important decisions
You are responsible for the success and profit of the store. Today, you are frustrated because your ideas and ambitions are being ignored. Being a part of Ultra means ending that frustration and being able to do what makes the most sense for the store. If that’s you, we want you on our team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS - STORE MANAGER
Ultra’s Store Manager’s share not only passion, but a drive for sales, leadership and retail. This isn’t just a stop on some other career path, it’s a long term passion to ensure the best retail customer experience is matched by the best retail teams in the jewelry industry.
While retail experience is necessary we prefer fine jewelry experience:
• Personal sales success – you must have a proven track record of sales and/or customer service knowing that listening is as much a part of sales as talking
• Leadership – managed teams of people to higher levels of sales performance through hiring, training, creative problem solving and knowing what to prioritize and what to delegate
• Ability to produce successful special events and drive local marketing efforts
• Understand the importance of physical (inventory) security and cash management particularly in high value assets like jewelry
• As a member of the Diamond Council of America (DCA), your professional certification in diamontology will be valued, yet don’t worry if you don’t have your certification as DCA enrollment is one of the many training opportunities we provide. Furthermore, Ultra will sponsor your DCA certification if you are not currently a DCA graduate.
It’s a tremendous feeling when you guide a couple through the engagement ring buying process, and the guy gets down on one knee in front of his partner and proposes in front of you at the store. It’s moments like those that remind you that jewelry is so very personal. It’s a one-to-one sales experience that mixes impulse buying and inexplicable customer behavior together for an unforgettable purchasing moment. Jewelry isn’t like any other retail. Join us in that experience.
BENEFITS - STORE MANAGER
Along with medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, vacation, holidays, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, and associate purchase discounts, Ultra provides additional rewards for their Store Managers.
• Regional and National training meetings where you get a chance to exchange ideas with your colleagues and hear from industry leaders on the latest consumer trends and behaviors
• You share in the profitability of the store. As an integral part of Ultra’s success, you get to use your experience and exercise discretion, for example with customer discounts, all the time being accountable for the profit and loss of the store. If you achieve the metrics, you become eligible for rewarding bonuses based on that profitability.
• Compete with top performing managers to earn rewards such as trips, cruises, and cash rewards.
As a member of the Ultra team your performance opens opportunities not only for the rewards and benefits above but also the opportunity to advance to higher levels within the organization.
Bring your contagious attitude for success to Ultra, and join the fun!
Return to Top
At Ultra being a Sales Associate is about our customers and creating a relationship, not just presenting jewelry or rattling off the 4 C’s of a diamond to them. For us, sales never end at the retail cash register. At Ultra we’ve taken the retail sales and customer service experience to the next level.
An Ultra Retail Sales Associate understands the difference between being interested and being interesting. Being interested is about engaging our customer and learning about their interests, not simply talking about in-depth product information and getting a credit application completed. Join Ultra today where our sales focus is on building a connection with each customer we serve.
An Ultra customer experience is different than any other jewelry store. Our customers tell us it’s an enjoyable, relaxing, and comfortable sales experience. When you join the Ultra team you will:
• consult with and assist customers with jewelry selections with guidance from our Creating Chemistry sales program
• build lasting relationships with your customers through follow up such as: future gift occasions, personal preferences, new merchandise suggestions and invitations to special events
• consistently seek new product knowledge so that you are an expert resource for your customer
• achieve personal sales goals as given to you monthly
• have some non selling functions including stock work, merchandising, display and price adjustments
Being part of the Ultra sales team, you have the ability to negotiate price when necessary to make the sale… you don’t have to ask, you just have to take responsibility and accountability. Our management team, from the CEO to the Store Manager, wants your opinion, your initiative, your entrepreneurial spirit; the insights you see working daily face-to-face with our customer so that we can improve our customer’s experience. That also means we embrace change and diversity of thought, just because we’ve done it one way doesn’t mean that’s the way we will continue to do it.
JOB REQUIREMENTS - SALES ASSOCIATE
When a piece of jewelry arrives in our retail store do you blurt out “that would be perfect for Contessa,” then proceed to pick up the phone or scribble a postcard to her. It’s that curiosity, passion and dedication that we look for at Ultra. We can teach you the 4 Cs of diamonds; we need you to always be thinking about your customers. Beyond your curiosity, passion and dedication, Ultra’s retail sales associates share:
• an enduring drive to achieve, to accomplish goals
• enthusiasm for jewelry and retail, this is a career not just a job
• salesmanship, strongly devoted to influencing and winning people over
In addition to these key qualities, to join the Ultra team you need to be:
• willing to work non-traditional business hours including nights, weekends and holidays
• proficient in Point of Sales (POS) systems including processing credit card transactions
• while retail experience is preferred, fine jewelry experience is a plus
As a member of the Diamond Council of America (DCA), your professional certification in diamontology will be valued, yet don’t worry if you don’t have your certification, as DCA enrollment is one of the many training opportunities we provide. Ultra will sponsor your lifetime DCA certification if you are not currently a DCA graduate.
Success as an Ultra Sales Associate doesn’t come from any one background or type of experience. Successful sales representatives at Ultra come from diverse work backgrounds such as retail, customer service, hospitality, finance, real estate, teaching, warehouse, and even individuals looking for a second career. You could have everything you need to be a successful Ultra Sales Representative too!
BENEFITS - SALES ASSOCIATE
Along with medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, vacation, holidays, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, and associate purchase discounts, Ultra provides additional rewards for their Sales Representatives.
• As your sales revenue increases, so does your commission opportunity and you don’t restart at the base commission level every year. Your success this year sets your base commission level for the following year.
• You will also have the opportunity to compete with top performing associates to earn rewards such as trips and cash rewards.
As a member of the Ultra team, your performance opens opportunities, not only for the rewards and benefits, but also the opportunity to advance your career to other roles and higher levels within the organization.
Bring your contagious attitude for success to Ultra and join the fun!
Return to Top
We value a culture of discipline and reward performance and results. If you are interested in joining our team, please send a letter of interest, your resume, and your desired location(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.